Orange County DUI Lawyer
If you have been charged with DUI, then you need to call our offices and speak to a skilled lawyer immediately. Depending on the type of DUI you have been charged with, having legal representation will often help mitigate the charges, penalties and fines. A DUI Lawyer in Orange County, will examine the facts of your case, as well as your personal and legal history to help build the strongest defense for your DUI in Orange County.
Our team of DUI Lawyers in Orange County has handled thousands of cases combined. We have experience with DUI for Alcohol, multiple DUIs, those involving a commercial license, those involving injury, DUI for Drugs or DUID, those for prescription drugs, for Xanax, for Vicodin, for Methamphetamine, for Marijuana and for Heroin.
Each of these kinds of cases are fought differently. We employ a unique strategy tailored to each individual client's needs and wants depending on the case. For example in a DUI for Prescription Drugs case, we will determine if you were within the therapeutic range of the prescribed medication. We will request a blood spllit sample from the toxicology lab to determine whether or not that range was within a legally allowable level. Then we will examine the Fiels Sobriety tests or FSTs, and determine what teh conditions of the tests were. What kind of shoes were you wearing. Was the road you were tested on a smooth surface? Do you have other medical or physical issues that would have prevented you from doing better on the tests.
Field Sobriety tests are not accurate because they do not really have a pass or fail indicator. There is no "normal" person. The variety of field sobriety tests including the Horizontal Nystagmus test is measure using an officers hand and a flashlight. It is not measured using scientific instruments. The officer is not a trained opthalmologist, nor does the officer administering the test have scientific instruments that are precise. There is a large margin of error on that test.
Another field sobriety test is the walk and turn test. Again, there a literally 100 factors that could make this test difficult for a person to properly conduct or properly take. Many of our clients have medical issues that would make it impossible for them to take this kind of test anyway. Occasionally when a client requests a trial, we will call in our own experts who can testify to the fact that the field sobriety tests are not scientifically valid to determine impairment.
DUI Lawyer Orange County
1. Team Effort
Our office operates as a team. We have more than one attorney available to help find the minute details of your case, examine the police reports for inconsistencies, examine the breathalyzer machines used to determine your Blood Alcohol level, and all of the facts and circumstances surrounding the arrest.
Additionally, if the facts of your case necessitate, we will work with a team of experts, blood splitting specialists, crime labs, witnesses and consultants to determine the best position for your DUI Defense in Orange County.
2. Free Consultation
We will begin with a free consultation where you will be able to speak directly with one of our attorneys. We will be able to discuss the charges that have been filed, the possible defenses that can be raised, as well as the possible punishments that can avoided. We do not charge for the initial consultation. It is the hallmark of a good law firm.
3. Getting to Work Immediately
If you decide that our firm is the right fit for your needs we do not hesitate to start work immediately. Our lawyers will contact the prosecutors office in an attempt to prevent the case from being filed or to show early on why this case should be refiled or dismissed based on the apparent evidence, when applicable to your specific case. We will contact the experts who may be able to help us prove your case.
4. Making Ourselves Available
Once hired as your attorneys, our firm makes sure that clients do not wait days or weeks to hear back from us regarding your questions and concerns. If you have something pressing we will make every effort to return your call promptly. We understand that sometimes clients have a new fact or idea that is pertinent to the case. Additionally we understand that our clients
5. Experienced DUI Lawyers
We have attorneys who formerly worked as Prosecutors, Public Defenders, and have more than 25 years experience handling criminal defense matters. Our team of attorneys has handled hundreds if not thousands of criminal cases. Let our experience help you in your legal matter.
Arguing Motions to the Court
While some law firms may only try to negotiate a plea deal, and in some cases that is the best course of action, our law firm will argue motions to exclude the evidence, motions for lack of probable cause and motions to suppress statements made by our clients at inappropriate times.
Criminal Lawyer Orange County
You may be wondering, “How can we help win your case?”
Well, every DUI case has weaknesses. Judges know that. Prosecutors know that. We know that. Some of the various points that we can expose to help negotiate or win your case include the following:
1. Illegal traffic stops: Were you actually driving safely? Did you truly violate any laws or were the local Sheriff’s or Police using the stop as a pretext inviolation of your rights.
2. Lack of probable cause: Did the police have a actual probable cause to stop you or to detain or investigate you? Was there really evidence of criminal activity?
3. Violation of mandatory 15 minute observation period prior to breath test administration: In California, the arresting officer must watch you for a minimum of 15 uninterrupted minutes prior to giving you the breathalyzer test.
4. A rising blood alcohol level: It is scientific fact that alcohol llevel can rise during the time you were driving and the time you were tested. Our Attorneys can potentially show that you were under the legal limit while actually driving the vehicle.
5. Diabetic and other medical conditions causing false or unreliable breathalyzer results: The fact remains that different people metabolize alcohol differently, People with certain health conditions may always register a higher Blood Alcohol Content. We can help show that your BAC was not directly related to the amount of alcohol you drank or how impaired you were, rather it was related to the specific conditions of your body.
6. Improper administration of field sobriety tests: Were your tests conducted on video? Did the officers properly administer the tests. Most people are not aware that the Instruction Guide for field sobriety tests actually states that no one passes field sobriety tests. They are not a pass or fail exam.
Criminal Lawyer Orange County
Our team of attorneys stand by these principles. We will make sure to attend every hearing, and look at and examine every possible angle of your case. Ourpricing is explained upfront and reasonable based on the market prices. We do not overcharge our clients for menial services. Furthermore we make ourselves available all of the time should our clients have any questions or concerns.